ickstream.com

Home of the ickStream Music System

No cover art with Tidal and Ickstream

No cover art with Tidal and Ickstream

Postby Le dom » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:39 pm

Hi, I'm new to this forum.

I've never had problem to use Ickstream as an alternative solution to the Qobuz plugin in my LMS 7.9 configuration based on a mini Linux distribution dedicated to HIFI audio. This mini distribution is called Tinysqueeze.
So with Qobuz, no problem everything is working fine.

I've just created an account with Tidal HIFI (one month to try) and I've read that to get it work with my LMS7.9 solution it can only be possible with Ickstream.

First problem, I wasn't able to log me to Tidal just directly adding an account via LMS Ickstream parameter. I just go to a webpage with this message: "Welcome to ickStream This is an internal page which you are not supposed to enter"
Well, I've created an account to Ickstream Cloud and in this way I have been able to loggin Tidal.
Now I can get my two services on LMS via Ickstream: Qobuz and Tidal.

But there is another major problem with Tidal. No cover art is displayed, I just get the radio transmitter picture and nothing else, not a single album art is displayed. :(

Did I miss something in Ickstream configuration wit Tidal. As I wrote you at the beginning of my post everything is OK with Qobuz at the same time.
Many thanks in advance for your help.
Le dom

Re: No cover art with Tidal and Ickstream

Postby Le dom » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:16 pm

Well, I reply myself to my post as I've discovered something very interesting which, why not, could interest other users.

With Tinysqueeze, I can disable/enable "Mysqueezebox.com". If I disable "Mysqueezebox.com" album arts aren't displayed in Tidal via Ickstream. If, on the contrary, I enable "Mysqueezebox.com" album arts are correctly displayed in Tidal via Ickstream.
Note that there is no need to install Tidal application in Mysqueezebox.com.
Le dom

Postby remd » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:10 pm

Thanks for the feedback.
There is currently a bug signing up through Tidal OAuth, as you've seen, so you can use one of the other services or create an ickStream cloud account.

Regarding the album art issue, there are currently some issues at Tidal, I'm not sure if its related but album art isn't loading reliably at the moment.

Message from Tidal:
"
Dear TIDAL API users:
we are experiencing issues with our service at the moment, related to the Amazon S3 problems.
Please stay patient while the experts are working.
"

Let's wait until Tidal resolves the issue in the coming hours/days and see if it solves the issue.
remd

Postby Le dom » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:10 am

Many thanks to your answer remd.

In fact I can get cover art enabling "mysqueezebox.com' in my Linux LMS based solution.
However, it appears that I don't need to log in to "mysqueezebox.com", very strange behaviour.
Le dom

Return to Squeezebox Open beta