ickstream.com

Home of the ickStream Music System

pathway of streaming audio

pathway of streaming audio

Postby basslover99 » Mon May 30, 2016 8:55 am

My Duet receiver is connected via Ethernet cable to my router. The router is connected to the modem and the PC via Ethernet cable. I always stay on PC, not mysqueezebox.com. I'm using Ickstream on the LMS desktop application.

I would really appreciate learning the path of the streaming audio once it leaves Tidal's server. I'm particularly wondering if it ever goes through mysqueezebox.com if I'm on PC? Does it go through the PC? Or just straight from Tidal to my router and then directly to the Duet receiver? Or does it go through Ickstream's server at all?

Thanks!
basslover99

Re: pathway of streaming audio

Postby remd » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:25 pm

I can't comment for mysqueezebox.com but if you are using the ickStream app with Tidal, the authentication(token) and browsing goes through the ickstream cloud server, while the playback will go directly from Tidal to you.

By default it will be proxied through your LMS then to your Squeezebox to improve streaming reliability, but you can change that setting in lms, settings, advanced, ickstream if you want the stream to go directly to your Squeezebox.
remd

Return to Squeezebox Open beta