ickstream.com

Home of the ickStream Music System

Deezer Elite - track skipping problem

Deezer Elite - track skipping problem

Postby cdmackay » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:25 am

I've just started to use the Ickstream plugin, and signed up for Deezer Elite a few days ago. (and it's great, thanks very much indeed).

All seems to be working fine, mostly, but I've found one issue: about half-way through a particular track, on a particular album, it skips to the next track.

The album in question is: https://www.deezer.com/album/6684430

Track 1: URL: ickstream://deezer:track:68251661

At around 6m (but not always at the same place) into the track (which is 11m13s long), it suddenly goes quiet for a second or two, then jumps to track 2.

It happens every time I play the track, at about 6m into the track, but not always at exactly the same place. I've had it happen at 6:10, and at 6:50, for example. I've yet to get to 7:00 on this track.

It does not happen when I play the track directly on deezer.com

This is with LMS 7.9.0~1451716652, on Linux. I'm listening via a SB Touch, latest firmware, if that's relevant. I'll try to reproduce with another player, too...

There is nothing in the server.log at the point when this happens.

This is the only track for which I've had this happen, but then I've only been using Ickstream for a day or two, so haven't listened to very much so far.

Can anyone else with Deezer Elite try to reproduce this, please? Not being able to seek means you have to wait for 6 minutes, unfortunately.

thanks much indeed.
cdmackay

Re: Deezer Elite - track skipping problem

Postby cdmackay » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:40 am

I reproduced the problem with a Squeezebox Boom, firmware 57 (latest). Track stopped at 6:55
cdmackay

Postby Cut-Throat » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:38 pm

I have been using Deezer Elite and Squeezebox Touch / LMS with no problems for about 6 months now. Occasionally I run into a Bad Track with Spotify or Deezer. What you describe is probably Deezer's problem. Not LMS or Ickstream.... I wouldn't worry about it.

FWIW - I just tried your album and track and it did play all the way through with no problems. Deezer may have multiple servers however and we may be streaming a different copy. I am in the Bahamas currently, if that makes a difference.
Last edited by Cut-Throat on Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cut-Throat

Postby cdmackay » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:50 pm

Cut-Throat wrote:I have been using Deezer Elite and Squeezebox Touch / LMS with no problems for about 6 months now. Occasionally I run into a Bad Track with Spotify or Deezer. What you describe is probably Deezer's problem. Not LMS or Ickstream.... I wouldn't worry about it.

thanks!

The track plays fine with Deezer on the web, and via the Android app, so I wondered...

if you have a moment (well, 7 minutes), would you mind trying it yourself, please, and see if you can get past 7:00 for track 1 of that album?

thanks much...
cdmackay

Postby Cut-Throat » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:52 pm

I just edited my post, but your reply beat me to it.
Cut-Throat

Postby cdmackay » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:12 pm

Cut-Throat wrote:I just edited my post, but your reply beat me to it.

thanks very much for testing. Very odd.

I've just remembered there is some Ickstream debugging, I think, so will see if I can turn that on.

I don't really want to just ignore it - for a start, that's one of my favourite albums :)

Can't really take it to Deezer, if Elite is still only officially supported on Sonos?
cdmackay

Postby cdmackay » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:52 pm

I grabbed a debug Ickstream plugin log.

Unfortunately, there's nothing obvious; at the point where it skips to track 2, it just starts with:

[16-01-04 17:38:43.9873] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::ProtocolHandler::getFormatForURL (511) getFormatForURL(Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::ProtocolHandler,ickstream://deezer:track:68251662)

Note that 68251662 is track 2. No indication as to why we're doing that, only half-way through track 1.

I have the full debug log available if anyone at Ickstream wants to see it.

thanks...
cdmackay

Postby remd » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:25 pm

cdmackay wrote:I grabbed a debug Ickstream plugin log.

Unfortunately, there's nothing obvious; at the point where it skips to track 2, it just starts with:

[16-01-04 17:38:43.9873] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::ProtocolHandler::getFormatForURL (511) getFormatForURL(Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::ProtocolHandler,ickstream://deezer:track:68251662)

Note that 68251662 is track 2. No indication as to why we're doing that, only half-way through track 1.

I have the full debug log available if anyone at Ickstream wants to see it.

thanks...

Don't know how much when can help, but you can send the debug log to support @ ickstream.com and we'll have a look at it
remd

Postby cdmackay » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:49 pm

remd wrote:Don't know how much when can help, but you can send the debug log to support @ ickstream.com and we'll have a look at it

Thanks very much indeed, I've just sent it in.

As it's 100% reproducible, I'd be happy to do any further testing/debugging that might be useful. Just let me know.

It does seem to be LMS/Ickstream-specific: I can't reproduce it using any of: the Deezer web client, android client, or Mac OSX native app. The latter in particular explicitly indicates "FLAC".

It doesn't seem to be player-specific, since I could reproduce on both SB Touch & Boom.

thanks again, much appreciated.
cdmackay

Postby cdmackay » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:36 am

Well, after all that, I tried again today and now I can't seem to reproduce it at all :)

I'll test more tomorrow, but it looks like whatever it was has sorted itself out. I've not updated LMS since the problem occurred.

thanks anyway :)
cdmackay

Next

Return to Squeezebox Open beta