ickstream.com

Home of the ickStream Music System

LMS <--> ickStream <--> TIDAL sync issues.

LMS <--> ickStream <--> TIDAL sync issues.

Postby DanS » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:28 pm

Has anyone experienced a situation where My Music (Artists/Albums) libraries in TIDAL can't communicate (keep in sync) with Logitech Media Server (LMS-7.8.0). I use Avast Internet Security suite and turned it completely off. But that didn't fix the problem.

Does anyone have a list of the ports being used for communication between music services and LMS via ickStream?

Also, I stream music from the Internet exclusively. My LMS is running on a Window 7 laptop which gets turned on and off daily. Can someone suggest a low-wattage, stand-alone, hardware device to install the LMS server...with nominal-brain-damage approach to setting up? ;)
DanS

Re: LMS <--> ickStream <--> TIDAL sync issues.

Postby bobflood » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:56 pm

You could run LMS on an Intel NUC running Windows. Just set it up, plug it into your router and let it run all the time. You can get a pre-assembled NUC from several vendors and a low spec version should work just fine. You can remote access it using TeamViewer for setup and updates.
bobflood

Re: LMS <--> ickStream <--> TIDAL sync issues.

Postby DanS » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:55 pm

bobflood wrote:You could run LMS on an Intel NUC running Windows. Just set it up, plug it into your router and let it run all the time. You can get a pre-assembled NUC from several vendors and a low spec version should work just fine. You can remote access it using TeamViewer for setup and updates.

Thanks Bob. I was unfamiliar with Intel NUC, but I found the website. I guess I've been in a time warp since retirement. :D Wow...such possibilities. I run both a MacBook Pro/iPhone 6s, but mostly use an older Windows laptop and 27" monitor for day-to-day computing. The Windows laptop does everything I need BUT...won't update to W10, due to a bootlegged copy of Windows 7 Ultimate.

Any opinion here whether LMS/ickStream runs better under Windows 10 or OS X El Capitan? Or is there no difference?
DanS

Return to Squeezebox Open beta