ickstream.com

Home of the ickStream Music System

Tidal/Wimp favourite album list partly invisible

Tidal/Wimp favourite album list partly invisible

Postby boomop » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:39 am

When accessing my favourite Tidal/Wimp album list in LMS 7.9 beta (DSM 5.2. Synology Diskstation 112+) via Orange Squeeze, Squeeze Ctrl on Android or Ipeng on IOS 5.1 there is an empty gap of several rows in the list of album titles.

The gap's position and length is not identical in all apps. It appears in the second half of my list of items (>280 items). When clicking an empty row the tracks of the formerly hidden album appear and can still i.e. be added to the playlist one by one.

In contrary there is no such gap in the LMS web interface.
Attachments
Screenshot_2015-12-04-00-16-57.png
Beginning of the gap (Squeeze Ctrl)
Screenshot_2015-12-04-00-16-57.png (258.71 KiB) Viewed 4363 times
Screenshot_2015-12-04-00-17-05.png
End of the gap
Screenshot_2015-12-04-00-17-05.png (303.67 KiB) Viewed 4363 times
boomop

Re: Tidal/Wimp favourite album list partly invisible

Postby joerg » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:17 pm

Does this always start with the same entry? Looks like a corrupted entry makes the rest of the list page unreadable or even makes the server not transmit the rest. Page sizes are different between Apps which can change the number of affected albums
joerg

Postby joerg » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:20 pm

Oh, one more question: how old is that LMS 7.9 build? if it's not recent it might be worthwhile updating it.
If it's the one Synology ships it's definitely worthwhile because at least the one from this summer has some backwards-compatibility issues.
joerg

Postby boomop » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:19 am

Thanks for your reply!

1.The gap's position in the album list varies whenever I start the client app (being the same whatever service I choose Wimp or Tidal)

2.I had been running the stable synology LMS 7.7.3 a long time which I edited (thanks to M.Herger) to enable lossless streaming by replacing strings.txt in the main folder, ProtocolHandler.pm in the Wimp Plugin folder and adjusting the version string to 7.7.4 in slimserver.pl

Everything worked as intended. The only inconvenience was the necessity to repeat those edits after every rare update by synology.

It was about two weeks ago when the reported gap stood out for the first time. It appeared in the official Wimp plugin which I had been using regularly before but was present in the ickstream plugin as well.

To hopefully get improvement I investigated in updating my LMS. I had been on the LMS betas/nightlies before using the SSODS environment but was running into some serious issues every once in a while. So this was no option for me anymore at this moment.

I tried the [Test] Repo for LMS 7.9.0 provided by pinkdot but the 112+ version did not start with my prefs folder and I didn't want to start from scratch (remembered SSODS...).

That's why I ended up with enabling the Synology Beta Channel and now I use the provided 7.9.0-062 version. I removed the Wimp Plugin and use ickstream exclusively. Except for this "gap issue" I'm quite happy with the combo.

Is there another convenient way to update LMS to a newer version?
boomop

Postby boomop » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:16 pm

Today I succeeded in updating to LMS 7.9.0 - 1448979459 by pinkdot (which is 7.9.0-062.007 in DSM Paket Center) but sadly the gaps in my Tidal/Wimp album list (android 6.01/squeeze ctrl/ickstream) are still there :-(

I even realised (maybe I only missed before) there is a second gap of the same size further down in the list.

Maybe I should just delete some items through the Wimp app or the web player (in Chrome browser)!?
boomop

Postby boomop » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:22 pm

Btw the are in fact some items in my album list which are now no longer available for streaming. They show up with their titles but are represented by neutral cd symbols without coverart. I just started to sort them out via the wimp app.
boomop

Postby boomop » Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:15 pm

Okay - sorted out items being unavailable for some reasons..

Gap is still present (10 items)

Last 35 items are omitted completely from the list as well.

Is there a limit to number of items being displayed?
boomop

Postby remd » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:41 pm

The playlist should at least show 200 items, there may be an issue remaining showing more than 200 items.

This was reported by some users, here for ex:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthrea ... post821707
remd

Return to Squeezebox Open beta