ickstream.com

Home of the ickStream Music System

SoundCloud playlist tracks play wrong audio file

SoundCloud playlist tracks play wrong audio file

Postby dsdreamer » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:11 pm

Hi,

I currently use Ickstream for both QoBuzz and SoundCloud.

There are cases where the playlist is not interpreted correctly into the underlying audio tracks. Sometimes a track of the same name by a different artist is played, sometimes a completely unrelated track is played. Most of the time, the correct track is selected, but every now and then a surprise "random" track will play in the middle of a familiar playlist.

I am not sure if it is related, but errors such as the following are also showing up in the log file.

Code: Select all
[15-11-21 12:38:21.5902] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (309) Failed to retrieve stream soundcloud:track:gold for Children's Room: $VAR1 = {
          'jsonrpc' => '2.0',
          'id' => 1
        };

Charles.
dsdreamer

Re: SoundCloud playlist tracks play wrong audio file

Postby remd » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:10 pm

Thanks for letting us know about it, we are looking into it.
remd

Re: SoundCloud playlist tracks play wrong audio file

Postby erland » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:35 am

dsdreamer wrote:There are cases where the playlist is not interpreted correctly into the underlying audio tracks. Sometimes a track of the same name by a different artist is played, sometimes a completely unrelated track is played. Most of the time, the correct track is selected, but every now and then a surprise "random" track will play in the middle of a familiar playlist.

Does it always happens when a specific track is about to be played or can you see any other pattern when it happens ?

dsdreamer wrote:I am not sure if it is related, but errors such as the following are also showing up in the log file.

Code: Select all
[15-11-21 12:38:21.5902] Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::ProtocolHandler::__ANON__ (309) Failed to retrieve stream soundcloud:track:gold for Children's Room: $VAR1 = {
          'jsonrpc' => '2.0',
          'id' => 1
        };

This is related to tracks that have been marked as not allowed to be streamed via API by the person uploading it to SoundCloud. Currently these show up in playlists but we plan to implement a solution so they are indicated as not playable and then they will probably just be skipped without any errors if they are included in a playlist. I don't think this error is related to your other problem.
Erland Isaksson
Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform
(My Personal homepage)
erland

Return to Squeezebox Open beta