ickstream.com

Home of the ickStream Music System

Suggestions for future features

Suggestions for future features

Postby tuc » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:31 pm

Thanks for providing ickStream.

Your wiki says you are working on several new features, but I was unable to find out what they are. So I have a couple of suggestions ;) ( I am using Logitech Media Server and Tidal)

1. Allow for "jumping" in the track playing (I have synchronized Squeezbox players. Turning one on makes the current track restart).
2. Allow adding to Tidal artists and Tidal albums and Tidal playlists.

BTW: Is there any way to export LMS playlists to Tidal?

Best
-thomas
tuc

Re: Suggestions for future features

Postby remd » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:07 pm

Thanks for the support, and for the suggestions!

We are working to add more features, and hope to include the ones you mentioned in a not too distant update.

Regarding exporting lms playlists to tidal there is no direct way that I know of, but what you could do is save the playlist from the lms web interface, it will then be stored in lms, my music, playlists (you can also save them in the favorites) in m3u format.

As long as the links in the playlist aren't internal to lms, you should be able to import the m3u playlist with http://www.soundiiz.com/#/converter for example.

Hope it helps!
remd

Re: Suggestions for future features

Postby bobflood » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:25 pm

I am happy to hear that future features are in the works.

Here is a suggestion:

Make ickStream compatible with other server software packages such as MinimServer and others. This would allow integration into more systems. Many people won't use LMS as they consider it "old" software even though it works well.

Thanks
bobflood

Return to Squeezebox Open beta