ickstream.com

Home of the ickStream Music System

Planned maintenance Oct 23rd

Planned maintenance Oct 23rd

Postby erland » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:12 pm

Our hosting provider will do some planned maintenance on October 23'rd at 11 PM CEST, in worst case they have indicated that we might have an outage during 2 hours in the open beta cloud service but hopefully it will be a lot shorter than that.
Erland Isaksson
Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform
(My Personal homepage)
erland

Re: Planned maintenance Oct 23rd

Postby erland » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:08 am

The maintenance tonight was successful and everything should now be available again, let us know if you experience any new problems

Skickas från min iPad via Tapatalk
Erland Isaksson
(My Personal homepage)
erland

Postby gweir » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:39 pm

Hello,

I am using Tidal via Ickstream using Logitech Media Server and am currently experiencing drop outs / Squeezebox rebuffering problems.

Could this be related to the outage ?

Up until now everything has been perfect with no problems.

I am based in the UK.

George
gweir

Postby bobflood » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:58 pm

Since all the recent "Maintenance", ickStream is working better than ever. It appears that the maintenance involved a better server system. I notice from watching the server behavior in the Resource Monitor that it now seems to be serving in burst mode which is less likely to have drop outs and is better for those with higher capacity internet connections.

Thanks for all your efforts and please keep the improvements coming. This is a great platform with room for expansion.

Best,

Bob
bobflood

Postby erland » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:10 am

gweir wrote:Hello,

I am using Tidal via Ickstream using Logitech Media Server and am currently experiencing drop outs / Squeezebox rebuffering problems.

I am based in the UK.

No this is shouldn't be related to our maintenance work. Streaming is done directly from TIDAL so our servers aren't involved in the actual streaming, we are only involved when the playlist moves to the next track. Are you still experiencing the buffering issues or was it something temporary ?
Erland Isaksson
(My Personal homepage)
erland

Postby gweir » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:59 pm

erland wrote:
gweir wrote:Hello,

I am based in the UK.

No this is shouldn't be related to our maintenance work. Streaming is done directly from TIDAL so our servers aren't involved in the actual streaming, we are only involved when the playlist moves to the next track. Are you still experiencing the buffering issues or was it something temporary ?

Hi,

It seems to have been temporary and just coincidence that it happened around the maintenance time.

The rebuffering problem lasted for around a day but since then everything has been fine. Nothing had changed in my setup and as I mentioned all had been well before that and thankfully everything is working very well again.

Thanks for your help and for the Ickstream platform.

Regards,
George
gweir

Return to Squeezebox Open beta