ickstream.com

Home of the ickStream Music System

ickStream and Tidal outage

Re: ickStream and Tidal outage

Postby scolley » Mon May 04, 2015 3:56 pm

remd wrote:We have released an update of the cloud server a few days ago, thats probably why it is working for you now.
Details of the update are available from here:
https://forum.ickstream.com/viewtopic.p ... t=10#p3469

Fixed! :P

As stated in your update link above, all it took was a stop - then restart - of LMS and was able to login to the "ickStream Music Platform", using the link from the ickStream plugins page. First try!

Awesome. Thanks! :D

PS - Just as a test, I tried logging in before I did the LMS stop/restart. No luck. Stop/restart made the difference.
scolley

Postby ademathews » Sat May 16, 2015 10:04 pm

Firstly, I'd like to congratulate the ickstream team for your superb service! I understand it's the same team that's behind my fantastic iPeng apps.

I've only just discovered it after the recent Napster issues impacting my older devices - ickstream has given my setup a new lease of life!

I thought I'd check out the forum, as I'm currently trying out both Tidal and Qobuz. I'm wondering if there are still issues with the Tidal ickstream streams, as I'm experiencing issues where an album will play, but shortly after, start stuttering - the stream will attempt to restart at the beginning of the track. It doesn't resolve itself and I have to stop. I've tried removing Tidal and re-registering devices, but it doesn't seem to work. It seems to only be when I have my SB Boom in sync - removing it plays without any issues.

I don't seem to have any similar problems with Qobuz, but think I'm preferring the Tidal web and app interface, so was wondering if this is an issue my end or something which is currently effecting all users.

Thanks again! I'm currently spreading the word to the rest of my immediate squeezebox family.
ademathews

Postby joerg » Mon May 18, 2015 3:57 pm

What's the other device besides the Boom you are syncing with?
joerg

Postby remd » Mon May 18, 2015 4:22 pm

Thanks for your support!

Issues with Tidal streams should be resolved now that Tidal has deployed their new global system allowing streams to come from different location closer to users.

Could you share some more details here, or via email - support@ickstream.com , to help troubleshoot.

- Your account details (email/name, location)
- Squeezebox models you are synching.
- logs logs logs … if possible this would be helpful. To do so set the ickstream logs to "debug" in the logitech media server (lms), settings, advanced, logging tab, then play some streams when synched and share the server.logs from lms, settings, information
remd

Postby ademathews » Mon May 18, 2015 10:39 pm

Many thanks for coming back to me - I've just emailed a log file over with my account details - hopefully it will shed some light.

joerg wrote:What's the other device besides the Boom you are syncing with?

I've got 2 Radios & 1 Touch...

Adrian
ademathews

Postby jeztastic » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:56 pm

I am try to access Tidal via LMS on Raspbian linux.

I've clicked the link to log in from LMS, and entered my login but it's just hanging. It says it waiting for the ip address of my LMS server.

Any ideas? I've tried restarting LMS.
jeztastic

Postby remd » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:26 pm

I just answered you by mail.
remd

Postby Llep64 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:36 pm

I can't connect to tidal, it's been over a month. I get a " please log in to ickstream in LMS interface." I head there but when u hit " login to ickstream music platform " it takes me to another page with a " register login using:" , but the problem is that there is no place to login! It's in blank! Please help. I don't have the Flac option on tidal, just a premium account. I don't know if this matters.
Llep64

Postby remd » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:58 pm

Llep64 wrote:I can't connect to tidal, it's been over a month. I get a " please log in to ickstream in LMS interface." I head there but when u hit " login to ickstream music platform " it takes me to another page with a " register login using:" , but the problem is that there is no place to login! It's in blank! Please help. I don't have the Flac option on tidal, just a premium account. I don't know if this matters.

What happens when you try to login directly on the web interface on https://cloud.ickstream.com ?
If that doesnt work either, try with a different browser, like Firefox and/or Chrome.

You have Tidal configured in your account, but I don't see any player, probably because you haven't been able to go through the registration process.
The first thing to try if you don't get the login form is to check with another browser, so hopefully that will solve your problem, else let us know more about your setup - which LMS version, OS, which players etc..
remd

Postby Llep64 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:17 pm

Ok.. I registered the player and I'm able to see Tidal on "mysqueezebox", I see all my music and it looks like it's playing it, but I have no sound. Now tidal through LMS still nothing
Llep64

PreviousNext

Return to Squeezebox Open beta