ickstream.com

Home of the ickStream Music System

ickStream and Tidal outage

ickStream and Tidal outage

Postby remd » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:31 pm

We are experiencing some stability issues with the ickStream Server at the moment.
The issue is mainly, but not only, affecting Tidal.

Tidal has recently made some changes in their infrastructure to improve access to their streams, and we have been experiencing issues with the server since then.

We are looking into it and will fix it as soon as possible.
We'll update this thread when we have made more progress on the issue.

Once the issue is fixed the change should help with the drop out issues some of you are experiencing, Thanks everyone for your patience.

Edit: Friday March 20th
Unfortunately the issues earlier this week caused some inconsistency in our cloud service database, so to get a working TIDAL integration again you might have to:
1. Login to https://cloud.ickstream.com
2. In the “Services” section remove TIDAL from your account
3. In the “Services” section add TIDAL to your account

We are investigating if we can fix it automatically but for now the above manual process is the way to get it working if you can't access any TIDAL content through ickStream. Users who already now have a working TIDAL integration doesn't have to go through the above process.
remd

Re: ickStream and Tidal outage

Postby cymbop » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:02 pm

Thanks for all of your help, IckStream crew! These last 3 months with Tidal on my Squeezebox (last 2 days notwithstanding :( ) have some of the best listening sessions I've ever had.
cymbop

Postby bobflood » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:07 pm

Thanks for the update. We all know that you are working to make it better and better.
bobflood

Postby remd » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:39 pm

Thanks for the Support!

We have just deployed an update on our cloud server that was working fine in our test environment.
We can't promise we have fully fixed the issues at this point, but you can give it a try and share your feedback.
remd

Postby meep » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:46 pm

I still see the 'no content available' in LMS when I navigate to ickStream->Tidal->Album

I tried an LMS restart, to no avail.
meep

Postby jmsent » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:39 pm

Same problem here. I can music in Genre's, but no content is available in Artists or Albums. Progress for me. A couple hours ago the plug in was completely crashing LMS
jmsent

Postby remd » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:40 pm

meep wrote:I still see the 'no content available' in LMS when I navigate to ickStream->Tidal->Album

Can you try to navigate to other menus and possibly other services and get back in that menu and see if it helps to refresh ?

In any case I've been playing streams from Tidal for the past hour without any server issue or drop outs. We'll continue to monitor and see if the issue is fixed or not ..
remd

Postby bobflood » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:51 pm

I am still getting the "No Content" message as well.

Back to the drawing board or in this case, the keyboard.
bobflood

Postby meep » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:06 pm

remd wrote:
meep wrote:I still see the 'no content available' in LMS when I navigate to ickStream->Tidal->Album

Can you try to navigate to other menus and possibly other services and get back in that menu and see if it helps to refresh ?

In any case I've been playing streams from Tidal for the past hour without any server issue or drop outs. We'll continue to monitor and see if the issue is fixed or not ..

I've clicked around, refreshed, restarted etc. Same problem - 'no content available' is reported throughout Tidal. (I don't have any other ickStream services enabled, but Spotify and local files all load up OK).

I made a small screen capture movie but forums won't allow me upload.

There may be caching somewhere?
meep

Postby bobflood » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:08 pm

I tried restarting the computer. I also logged out of Ickstream and back in again and refreshed my players. I am able to get Qobuz without problem. The album list comes up quickly and I was able to play an album all the way through without issue. With Tidal I am still getting the "No Content" message. I am getting this message with any attempt to access any category under Tidal (Artist, Playlist....).

Still no joy.
Last edited by bobflood on Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobflood

Next

Return to Squeezebox Open beta