ickstream.com

Home of the ickStream Music System

Deezer Feedback

Re: Deezer Feedback

Postby bobflood » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:36 am

Hi Again,

This evening I added artists to my "Artists" list on the Deezer Elite website and they all showed up in LMS thru ickStream right away. I also added albums to the "Albums" list but those have not shown up yet. This is good as it shows that it can work. It is just that it is not yet fully functional. All of the artists that I have added are there but only one of the many albums. The one track that I tried to favorite from LMS as a test only shows up in LMS as a favorite and not on the website favorite list. I suspect that this is normal and that communication is intended to be one way only from Deezer to ickStream for things like favorites. I can search for and play any artist and album from LMS or the Logitech remote or the Touch but I cannot then designate it as a favorite from any of these.

Also, the file type is shown as "0" in LMS itself but if I show the file info on the Logitech remote or the Touch they both show "FLAC". Not a big deal but I thought I would mention it.

As an aside, Deezer Elite is the best lossless streaming service yet. I also have Tidal and Qobuz but Deezer Elite is better than either one. In the future, Deezer will likely be my one and only service. Their catalog is very broad and deep and I have not yet run into a lossy file although I suspect that there are some to be found. Tidal's catalog is still full of lossy files and is limited in the areas of my musical taste. Qobuz has been great with no lossy files but their catalog is somewhat limited although for my musical taste it has been fine.

I hope all this information will help you get Deezer Elite working smoothly and reliably.

Bob
bobflood

Postby bobflood » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:40 am

The album favorites have arrived.

Bob
bobflood

Postby remd » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:34 pm

bobflood wrote:The album favorites have arrived.

Bob

Bob, Thanks for your feedback!

Syncing albums should work, but it does take a while.
We have to prioritise our work, but we definitively plan to improve the support of Deezer so we appreciate any feedback we get from ickStream users.
remd

Postby bobflood » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:19 pm

Hi Guys, Thanks for your efforts. It seems to be getting quicker.

My guess is that Deezer Elite will surpass Tidal after it is fully released in the USA. I like Qobuz and Tidal but Deezer Elite has a much broader and deeper catalog and very little content that is not lossless. I have only run into one artist with lossy content on Deezer Elite but I run into it all the time on Tidal. Qobuz seems to be stuck in limbo unable to expand widely to the US which is a shame as their content is good if a little narrow.

I expect you will be very busy supporting Deezer Elite in the future. I use Squeezelite-JPlay on a renderer at my stereo with LMS 7.9 running on a desktop/Server and I control it with one of those Logitech wireless controllers I had left over from a Duet I no longer use. If I didn't have that I would use iPeng for iOS.

Thanks again,

Bob
bobflood

Postby audiossis » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:31 am

bobflood wrote:Hi Guys, Thanks for your efforts. It seems to be getting quicker.

I concur. Added artists now seem to appear in the list much faster than they used to, as do loved tracks etc...

I do however, still seem to having an issue with Deezer Flow playlist being only 25 tracks long......
Is anyone else seeing this?

audiossis

Postby bobflood » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:57 pm

I also have 25 items in Flow. This could also be a LMS issue.
bobflood

Postby audiossis » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:02 am

bobflood wrote:I also have 25 items in Flow. This could also be a LMS issue.

I'm currently running:

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.5 - 1416570306 @ Thu Nov 27 08:25:11 UTC 2014
Hostname: xxxxsqueeze
Server IP Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: armv7l-linux
Perl Version: 5.14.2 - arm-linux-gnueabi-thread-multi-64int
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)

Is this consistent with the version you're running?
audiossis

Postby bobflood » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:57 pm

I am running LMS 7.9. I really don't use Flow much so the 25 limit was not a big deal for me. You might try posting this on the Squeeze Community forum. They might be able to fix it.

http://forums.slimdevices.com/forumdisp ... dia-Server

Bob
bobflood

Previous

Return to Squeezebox Open beta