ickstream.com

Home of the ickStream Music System

Deezer Feedback

Deezer Feedback

Postby mkkyah » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:24 pm

This topic is about Deezer integration.

I had no playback issues at all, generally it's working and smooth.

-- My major concern is that I couldn't find a way to add albums, tracks or artists to deezer favorites or playlists. There is no add album to favorites("library" in official plugin), add artist to favorites, add to playlist Loved Tracks, add to playlist "name" options in context menu or elsewhere.
--Context menu has smartmix options, that's a plus.
--Radio: There is no track name, artwork when playing a radio channel. It's only displaying generic channel name (Blues, Dub...) and corresponding generic artwork. That's working correctly with official plugin.
--Flow: There is no way to start a flow playlist. I mean it's listing correctly but, you cannot add them all to LMS playlist with one touch, eg. from context menu when long touch of flow tab.
--Artist: This is not a bug, but something leaving options out. When you select an artist you directly go to albums and you cannot choose top tracks, smartradio_artist, related artists submenus.
-- You can't shift forward-backward on timeline; both mobile and web UI. This is working with official plugin on mobile, but not web UI.
--Stream bitrate and format of playing track is returned as "0" only, this is "320k CBR, MP3 (Deezer)" on official plugin.

I hope this helps, to improve.
mkkyah
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:50 am

Re: Deezer Feedback

Postby mkkyah » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:10 am

There was no response, so I don't know if the devs interested in these feedbacks or if they plan to make any changes. But I keep sharing what I have found:

--
--Flow: There is no way to start a flow playlist.
I was wrong, if you tap( not long touch) on any listed track, you get "play all songs" option. (tested with OrangeSqueeze and iPeng; with "always ask before playing your selection" player setting on LMS.)
--There is one more plus: General Search brings "Deezer via ickstream" results and it works correctly unlike official Deezer plugin.(official plugin results takes you only to artist_radio, song_radio)
-- One confusing thing: SmartMix does not recognizes Deezer via ickstream. If you play a Deezer track via ickstream you get song_mix and artist_mix selections of smartmix on context menu perfectly (unlike official plugin again). But next smartmix songs are played through official Deezer app. I think this should be asked to Michael to add Deezer via ickstream to Smartmix sources. Otherwise we need to have 2 plugins installed, even if Deezer via ickstream gets perfect.
mkkyah
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:50 am

Re: Deezer Feedback

Postby erland » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:04 pm

mkkyah wrote:There was no response, so I don't know if the devs interested in these feedbacks or if they plan to make any changes.

We are definitely reading and definitely interested in feedback, we just felt that we wanted to be able to give you some answers before we commented. Keep posting feedback and we will get back a bit later with some more comments when we have investigated your suggestions a bit.
Erland Isaksson
Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform
(My Personal homepage)
User avatar
erland
 
Posts: 1520
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:02 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Deezer Feedback

Postby Cut-Throat » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:40 pm

I just installed Deezer premium and am running it through ickstream on my Squeezebox Touch.

Am I supped to get 320bps on Deezer Files via ickstream. My squeezebox does not indicate so.
Cut-Throat
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:43 pm

Re: Deezer Feedback

Postby mkkyah » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:42 pm

Cut-Throat wrote:I just installed Deezer premium and am running it through ickstream on my Squeezebox Touch.

Am I supped to get 320bps on Deezer Files via ickstream. My squeezebox does not indicate so.


Did you choose 320kbs from Deezer settings of your account, from deezer.com. There is no quality selection on both Deezer plugin or ickstream settings. Although ickstream displays 0 bitrate, I believe it's the same 320kbs like in official Deezer app.
Devs can maybe confirm this.
mkkyah
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:50 am

Re: Deezer Feedback

Postby IanInLondon » Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:30 pm

Hello Guys
I've just installed Deezer via IckStream as the official Squeezebox Deezer app didn't have a few options.

It's great that the Ickstream Deezer app has 'Flow', but in my view the most usefull function on the Android App is still missing; namely the "Themed Mixes" option. On the App, this gives continuous music under a number of different genres including Chillout, Party, Hits, and even a Candlelight Dinner', as well as the more usual genres.
This is great for just playing continuous music of a particular type without having to select specific albums. On the app, if you don't like the current song on the mix, you can also skip straight to the next track.

Any way Mixes can be brought in? Sometimes you just want random music without havign to select each album or track...

Also, am I missing the way to search for albums by Genre? Thsi is present in the official SB Deezer pluggin but missing from Ickstream.

Otherwise, the functions are great; a real bonus to be able to play Flow, so thanks a lot guys....
Cheers
Ian
IanInLondon
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:17 pm

Re: Deezer Feedback

Postby bobflood » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:48 pm

Any chance that the Deezer Elite lossless FLAC stream can be made available on Ickstream? I know they have some kind of agreement with SONOS but was that an eternal exclusive. I don't want to have to buy new hardware to listen to them.

Thanks for checking.
bobflood
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:03 pm

Re: Deezer Feedback

Postby remd » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:47 am

bobflood wrote:Any chance that the Deezer Elite lossless FLAC stream can be made available on Ickstream? I know they have some kind of agreement with SONOS but was that an eternal exclusive. I don't want to have to buy new hardware to listen to them.

Thanks for checking.


Deezer Elite will be officially supported once it is available to other devices. As far as we know Deezer does plan to open it up to other devices at some point, we however don't know when yet.
That said If you already have a Deezer Elite account, you could give it a try...
User avatar
remd
 
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:16 am

Re: Deezer Feedback

Postby Cut-Throat » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:48 pm

remd wrote:
bobflood wrote:Any chance that the Deezer Elite lossless FLAC stream can be made available on Ickstream? I know they have some kind of agreement with SONOS but was that an eternal exclusive. I don't want to have to buy new hardware to listen to them.

Thanks for checking.


Deezer Elite will be officially supported once it is available to other devices. As far as we know Deezer does plan to open it up to other devices at some point, we however don't know when yet.
That said If you already have a Deezer Elite account, you could give it a try...


I just got a Sonos and got a Deezer Elite Subscription. I just tried to stream Deezer with LMS and it does stream. Now whether it is streaming FLAC or MP3 I don't know. Is there anyway that I can tell?
Cut-Throat
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:43 pm

Re: Deezer Feedback

Postby remd » Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:55 pm

Cut-Throat wrote:
remd wrote:
bobflood wrote:Any chance that the Deezer Elite lossless FLAC stream can be made available on Ickstream? I know they have some kind of agreement with SONOS but was that an eternal exclusive. I don't want to have to buy new hardware to listen to them.

Thanks for checking.


Deezer Elite will be officially supported once it is available to other devices. As far as we know Deezer does plan to open it up to other devices at some point, we however don't know when yet.
That said If you already have a Deezer Elite account, you could give it a try...


I just got a Sonos and got a Deezer Elite Subscription. I just tried to stream Deezer with LMS and it does stream. Now whether it is streaming FLAC or MP3 I don't know. Is there anyway that I can tell?


You can set the ickStream logs to debug in LMS, settings, advanced, logging, and then you should see the file format in the server logs from LMS, settings, information, server logs.
User avatar
remd
 
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:16 am

Next

Return to Squeezebox Open beta



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Theme created by StylerBB.net
cron