ickstream.com

Home of the ickStream Music System

Wimp Plugin - Bugs and feature requests

Wimp Plugin - Bugs and feature requests

Postby CommanderROR » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi,

I thought this might be a better place than the SB Forums for bugreports etc...

I'm test-driving the Wimp Plugin with Wimp HiFi at the moment. It works, but there are some issues. First of all, many albums are all mixed up. The tracks don't appear (or play) in the rigut order, because the plugin reads the track and disc number incorrectly. The tracks start with "1-1,1-2“ and so on, due to this, the CD2, Track One gets put im second position (1-1, 2-1,....) Just as an example.
Also, search results are a lot fewer than in the" official" SB Plugin. I do not know whether tjat is bad or good yet.

I'm missing menu entries for "Recent Searches" "Recently Played" and the Radio mode (feature request)

Now I have to get off the tram. Will add more later.. ;)
CommanderROR

Re: Wimp Plugin - Bugs and feature requests

Postby remd » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:18 pm

Thanks for your feedback!

You're also welcome to post bugs or feature requests on our bugs site directly if you'd like at: https://bugs.ickstream.com
remd

Postby CommanderROR » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:37 pm

Thanks. The Bugtracker does not want to accept my credentials. I'll try to find out why tomorrow.
Btw... Is there a way to donate to this project? I haven't seen a link, but maybe I juat missed it.

Oh, and can you explain the "LMS Proxy" setting in the settings? It's on by default, but I don't know whether I actually need it and whether it has any detrimental effects.
Thanks.
CommanderROR

Postby remd » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:44 pm

CommanderROR wrote:Thanks. The Bugtracker does not want to accept my credentials. I'll try to find out why tomorrow.
Btw... Is there a way to donate to this project? I haven't seen a link, but maybe I juat missed it.

Oh, and can you explain the "LMS Proxy" setting in the settings? It's on by default, but I don't know whether I actually need it and whether it has any detrimental effects.
Thanks.

You'll need to create another account at the Bugtracker site.
Thanks for asking about donations, we have setup ickStream mostly as an open source project and want to support third party development and some non commercial platforms (As the Squeezebox has become now) so we may setup a donation system at some point.
That said we haven't done so so far and have tried to also focus on the commercial aspect of ickStream which should cover our costs.

The LMS proxy is on by default for Lossless streaming, as this is fixing issues for some users who experienced cut outs when listening to hi-resolution tracks.
You can try to disable or enable it and see which setting works best for you.
remd

Return to Squeezebox Open beta