ickstream.com

Home of the ickStream Music System

Transporter not showing as device

Transporter not showing as device

Postby custodian » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:21 pm

Ive installed ickplayer and Tidal on pc running LMS

In LMS menu for plugins/ickplayer, remotely controlled players stated: Not yet supported by windows

ickplayer icon showing on iPad on iPeng or logitech player but when I click, Im asked to log in on LMS although Im clearly already logged in.

Using other services such as Qobus directly via iPeng I have no problems.

Is there an issue with Transporter recognition on ickplayer or am I being totally stupid?
custodian

Re: Transporter not showing as device

Postby remd » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:38 pm

I am using ickStream with a Transporter, so its not a general issue with the Transporter.

Did you accept the license and register the player in LMS, in the Settings, Advanced, ickStream tab ?
did you try re-register all players ?

if it still doesn't work you could share some logs - enable "debug" for all ickStream logs, then start lms and try to register the player again, and share the server logs - in settings, advanced, information - on here, as a file or via email at: info@ickstream.com, if there are a lot of logs.
remd

Postby custodian » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:37 pm

Thanks for the help.

Enabling debug and re registering the Transporter sorted out the problem.

Now down to some listening to compare Tidal with Qobus!
custodian

Postby samirevah » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:27 am

I'm having the same problem with my Transporter not showing up as a registered player.
After many loops of deleting prefs files and folders and accepting the license again and again, I was finally able to get past that step and now I see on the ickstream tab of LMS that I am logged in and the Transporter shows up under Terms of Use, but not under registered players. I followed your suggestion to turn on logging and the log is copied below.
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Slim::Networking::UPnP::ControlPoint::_gotError (288) Error retrieving device description: Connect timed out:
Slim::Networking::UPnP::ControlPoint::_gotError (288) Error retrieving device description: Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor
Slim::Networking::UPnP::ControlPoint::_gotError (288) Error retrieving device description: Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor
Slim::Networking::UPnP::ControlPoint::_gotError (288) Error retrieving device description: Connect timed out:
Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::Settings::handleForcedPlayerRegistration (458) Request registration for Transporter
Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::Settings::handleForcedPlayerRegistration (458) Request registration for Transporter
Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::PlayerManager::__ANON__ (242) Failed to get application identity for Transporter:
Failed to retrieve application identity for Transporter:
Failed to retrieve application identity: Timed out waiting for data
, see settings page for more information
Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::PlayerManager::__ANON__ (242) Failed to get application identity for Transporter:
License for Transporter has not been confirmed yet, please goto settings page an confirm it
License for Transporter has not been confirmed yet, please goto settings page an confirm it
Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1311) Warning: [15:37:31.8988] Argument "" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\Slim\Plugin\AudioScrobbler\HTML\EN\plugins\AudioScrobbler\settings\basic.html line 6.
Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::Settings::__ANON__ (360) Retrieving information about user account
Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::Settings::__ANON__ (367) Logged in user is: Sami Revah
Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::Settings::getInitializedPlayers (410) Check if Transporter is initialized already
Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::Settings::getRegisteredPlayers (431) Transporter is not yet registered
Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::Settings::__ANON__ (360) Retrieving information about user account
Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::Settings::__ANON__ (367) Logged in user is: Sami Revah
Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::Settings::getInitializedPlayers (410) Check if Transporter is initialized already
Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::Settings::getRegisteredPlayers (431) Transporter is not yet registered
Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::Settings::handleForcedPlayerRegistration (445) Found 1 players
Plugins::IckStreamPlugin::LicenseManager::_retrieveApplicationId (173) Getting application identity for Transporter using confirmed license with MD5: 1954d8ec9981a8525154339b2d2d78c6
Environment:
Windows
samirevah

Postby remd » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:27 pm

I noticed you are running LMS on Windows, we had a bug where some players werent able to register with the Windows version.
We have released a fix for this on the 26th:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=394#p2757

Could you please update the ickStream plugin in Settings, plugins and it should work

(if it doesnt work right away delete the ickstream folder and ickstream.prefs files as mentioned prevously)
remd

Return to Squeezebox Open beta