ickstream.com

Home of the ickStream Music System

No login?

No login?

Postby pastim » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:06 pm

I installed the plugin today, and separately I created a login account on your wesbite.

In the LMS settings I do not see any option to login, unlike the advice at http://wiki.ickstream.com/index.php/Ope ... stallation. See the attachment.

I have opened port 9006 from my server to my gateway, assuming that's needed?

What have I not done, or done wrong?
Attachments
ick.jpg
ick.jpg (72.57 KiB) Viewed 4161 times
pastim

Re: No login?

Postby pastim » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:25 pm

I did the obvious, which I should have done before posting here, and removed the plugin and reinstalled it.

It works now.

I don't currently have any paid subscriptions so I guess I can't test it now, unless there are any offers you know about?
pastim

Postby erland » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:31 pm

pastim wrote:I don't currently have any paid subscriptions so I guess I can't test it now, unless there are any offers you know about?

We support a number of free services:
- Calm Radio (with commercials)
- rad.io
- Radionomy
- UberStations
- SoundCloud
Erland Isaksson
Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform
(My Personal homepage)
erland

Postby pastim » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:54 pm

erland wrote:
pastim wrote:I don't currently have any paid subscriptions so I guess I can't test it now, unless there are any offers you know about?

We support a number of free services:
- Calm Radio (with commercials)
- rad.io
- Radionomy
- UberStations
- SoundCloud

Thanks - I was just about to post that I had found the free ones. I'm experiencing a few oddities with some but need to sit down & test properly before reporting.

One thing I have noticed is that I can't use the LMS ..../stream.mp3 service. So on my home network amplifier I can't use LMS directly (the device is reported as "Winamp on 192.168.1.9") since the device is not supported by ickstream.
pastim

Postby remd » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:03 pm

pastim wrote:One thing I have noticed is that I can't use the LMS ..../stream.mp3 service. So on my home network amplifier I can't use LMS directly (the device is reported as "Winamp on 192.168.1.9") since the device is not supported by ickstream.

As mentioned in the terms of use, we limit the ickStream plugin to the Squeezebox in a non commercial setup, so in principle no other devices at this point. That said we'll discuss this in intern and see how/if we want to allow streaming through lms to other devices still for a non commercial usage.

For info Tidal also offers trial accounts in the US and the UK if you want to give it a try:
http://getlossless.com/
remd

Postby pastim » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:23 pm

remd wrote:
pastim wrote:One thing I have noticed is that I can't use the LMS ..../stream.mp3 service. So on my home network amplifier I can't use LMS directly (the device is reported as "Winamp on 192.168.1.9") since the device is not supported by ickstream.

As mentioned in the terms of use, we limit the ickStream plugin to the Squeezebox in a non commercial setup, so in principle no other devices at this point. That said we'll discuss this in intern and see how/if we want to allow streaming through lms to other devices still for a non commercial usage.

For info Tidal also offers trial accounts in the US and the UK if you want to give it a try:
http://getlossless.com/

Ok - Thanks.
pastim

Return to Squeezebox Open beta