ickstream.com

Home of the ickStream Music System

Welcome to the ickStream Open Beta!

Postby joerg » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi!

This open beta is primarily targeted at Squeezebox users who want to get early access to the services we provide with ickStream but of course also everybody else who wants to get some first-hand experience with our service.

For now, it's based on a Logitech Media Server(LMS) plugin to support all Squeezebox models.

Please visit the following page on our wiki for instructions on how to install the ickStream plugin and to see which services are supported in this release:
http://wiki.ickstream.com/index.php/Open_Beta_Squeezebox

We are working on supporting many more services, some of them are already being tested, they will be added automatically to the supported services in upcoming releases, so stay tuned !
Also, we expect the functionality we are offering both through ickStream in general and through the LMS plugin over time so bear with us if not everything you might like to see is already present in the first version, it's called a "beta" for a reason.

However, this is also a chance for you to participate. Please use this forum to share feedback, tell us what you are missing or how the user experience can be improved or what should be changed. We are awaiting your comments.

So for now: have fun exploring ickStream!
joerg

Re: Welcome to the ickStream Open Beta!

Postby stroom » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:30 pm

Hi,
Installed ickstream but registering fails, no email is sent (at least not for about 15 min).

Is the registration for this forum the same as for the ickstream Music Platform Service via the LMS settings?

Stroom
stroom

Postby joerg » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:32 pm

No, that's separate accounts.
What did you use to log in? ickStream login with e-mail and password?
Did you check your SPAM folder?
joerg

Postby stroom » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:37 pm

Sorry, indeed it ended up in the spam folder.
Registration successful now.
stroom

Postby stroom » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:02 pm

stroom wrote:Sorry, indeed it ended up in the spam folder.
Registration successful now.

And playing Uberstations via Ickstream on my SB, great!
Will try other services later.

Thanks,
Stroom
stroom

Postby hshrader » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:12 am

THANK YOU! Spam folder for me too!
hshrader

Postby DanS » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:06 am

Under today's (21/12/14) update to the cloud service, I read "Corrected issue with Qobuz content service where favourite artists, albums, tracks, playlists only returned first 50 items when accessed via LMS." This seems to be the same problem I'm having with TIDAL. Will the new plugin resolve this as well?
DanS

Postby erland » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:20 am

DanS wrote:Under today's (21/12/14) update to the cloud service, I read "Corrected issue with Qobuz content service where favourite artists, albums, tracks, playlists only returned first 50 items when accessed via LMS." This seems to be the same problem I'm having with TIDAL. Will the new plugin resolve this as well?

The correction was just for Qobuz, we hadn't realise we had similar issue with TIDAL.
Do you see this problem in all TIDAL menus or just some of them ?
Erland Isaksson
Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform
(My Personal homepage)
erland

Postby erland » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:46 am

DanS wrote:Under today's (21/12/14) update to the cloud service, I read "Corrected issue with Qobuz content service where favourite artists, albums, tracks, playlists only returned first 50 items when accessed via LMS." This seems to be the same problem I'm having with TIDAL. Will the new plugin resolve this as well?

I can confirm the issue in the Artists menu and this will be corrected during the maintenance stop planned tomorrow but let us know if you also see the problem also in other menus.
Erland Isaksson
Lead platform developer of ickStream Music Platform
(My Personal homepage)
erland

Postby DanS » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:54 am

erland wrote:The correction was just for Qobuz, we hadn't realise we had similar issue with TIDAL.
Do you see this problem in all TIDAL menus or just some of them ?

In Artists, not only was there the 50 limit, but selecting one particular artist (A) will bring up the albums of another artist. Sync problem. Album selection seems to work ok, but I haven't exceeded the 50 limit yet.
DanS

Next

Return to Squeezebox Open beta